Kiama Tennis Club was established in 1953 and up until the 1990s, occupied a large part of Kiama’s ‘downtown’ Hindmarsh Park, before moving to its current Noorinan Street “Stead Reserve” home. Here it boasts seven flood-lit tennis courts (artificial-grass), as well as a double-width tennis wall and an attractive clubhouse with full kitchen facilities. The addition of a large outdoor deck and furniture in late 2017 has enhanced the club even more.
As well as the seven courts here, an extra two hardcourts are owned by the club – located on Blowhole Point near the Kiama Visitor Information Centre.
Competition and social play is available for both adult and junior players during the week and on weekends. Fully qualified staff provide coaching for players of all abilities, from beginners through to advanced competition players. Due to its high standard of facilities and attractive location, Kiama has been selected as a host for numerous regional tournaments – including the successful inaugural Masters Tournament held in October 2018.
In addition to the courts, kitchen, beverage machines, table tennis and shower/changing facilities, a Proshop is also available for the purchase of all tennis related equipment, including repairs, grips and racquet re-stringing.
CURRENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- David Lehman (President) – 0475 857 740
- Joe Fischer (Vice President) – 0413 387 597
- David Graham (KSDTA Liaison) – 0413 546 339
- Karen Koks (Treasurer ) – 0411 986 901
- Stephen Thurstan (Secretary) – 0460 338 407
- Bob Morgan (Maintenance) – 0409 346 851
- Frank Wallner (Grants) – 0432 819 331
- Jackie Parker (Social) – 0406 363 016
- Chris Leitl (Membership) – 0456 866 664
- Andrew Orszulok (Maintenance) – 0414 623 499
- Joe Moseley (Professional Coach) – 0401 705 364
Looking for some light reading?
Try our Constitution: KTC 20121102 Constitution body
IN DEPTH HISTORY OF THE CLUB
If you’d like to learn more about the club’s early days, check out the book that was produced for our 50th anniversary in 2003. You can view a digital copy of it right here.